Saturday, 15 May 2010

Newspaper mama

We have had some unexpected but very welcome guests in the shape of Jaime’s brother Paul and his girlfriend Yas staying with us. They have taken time off from running Western Autralia's newspapers and are on the most amazing traveling odyssey, their itinerary is enough to make a travel junkie like me weep.

They weren’t expecting the madness that is Cannes at the mo, so after a day and a half to soak up all the crazy, do some star spotting and red-carpet watching, we decided to spend the Friday away from Cannes – and M had the day off too, so it was the deluxe tour package!

Gorgeous weather had us all in high spirits, and we had a superb time wandering around Antibes, visiting the rose festival and perfume factory in Grasse (I’ve lost count how many times I’ve gone now. I actually know the tour off by heart more or less, but it’s still lovely, and weirdly I manage to buy something almost every time I go there...) a quick coffee up at Gourdon with spectacular views and a huge seafood dinner in Cannes. A really great day – and it was wonderful to see Paul and Yas again.

I also annoyed the other three by spending a lot of the time mucking around on my iPhone with my Hipstamatic app taking all kinds of funky looking photos.


Here are some of the Black and White ones that I like bestest.

xx


































ETA: Yes, I know the photos say 'May 80'.
No, I'm not living in the past - it's what the App does - recreates old skool photos.
And it's WICKED cool.

2 comments:

  1. GREAT. cos i didnt wat an iPhone enough already. Gonna hook meself up with one of those puppies when back in oz, so you'll have ot tell me all hte apps i need. APPS. i heart Apps. and vampires.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there is even a Vampire App. If not - there should be. My iPhone is pretty much my favourite thing. Sad but true.

    ReplyDelete