Seeing my bestest girlfriends for a truly luxurious week of blissed out spa treatments, (the people at Chill Reflexology knew us all by name by the end of the week!) lazing by the pool, great food, lots of gossip, plenty of Bintang, excessive quoting of The Hangover and tons of laughs (fingered?!?! Ew.) Awesome. A great way to celebrate several decades of friendship.
And the chance to see my crazy family. Dad was great, in such good spirits all week such that even the sweet Balinese reception lady commented “Mr Mark – he so happy and positive”. It’s been a long time between holiday drinks for Dad. Susan and Tessa shopped up a storm and Tess is such a teenager now and so grown up it’s frightening. And Claire-my-sister – damn I love that girl; she makes me laugh so so much. Hilarious. And I had so many massages and treatments, I should look like Jennifer Hawkins. Sadly, non.
I didn’t actually take that many photos – too busy? Nah, too lazy! and I’m not that pleased with what I do have as they don’t really capture – say – the gorgeousity that was our villa (The Kunja, couldn’t recommend more highly!) and also our camera is kind of cracking the shits at the mo, so ... yeah. Sorry about the quality. Also – photos in bathers don’t really need to be for public consumption, hence there are none from the day we spent at the "Waterbomb" waterslide park. No-one needs to see that. Even though there was one cracker of a photo of Tessa and I on the (legitimately terrifying) ride “The Boomerang” where she seems to be screaming in excitement – while I have genuine fear in my eyes. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. And die.
Anyways, here we go:
Oh hi! Just chillin. Poolside. Where we spent about 84% of our time.
Best. Pool. Ever. (Until I dived in with my glasses on. Then I hated it a little bit.)
Best. Pool. Ever. (Until I dived in with my glasses on. Then I hated it a little bit.)
Delicious.
The rest of the reptiles? (giant snakes) = Less cool. *shudder*
As nice as it is to be home and have M the hiker home early (a lovely surprise - he wasn't due back from his hike in Spain until tonight, so showing up at the door with flowers and pastries - too cute) and to not be on a plane or in transit - I would go back to Bali in a heartbeat.
A fantastic holiday. I'm such a lucky duck.
xx
PS - Best line of the 2nd week goes to me:
At lunch in Cafe Moka, randomly discussing Dad's two nicknames 'Fat' and 'The Pink Pig'.
Dad: (defensively) "Quite a few people have asked me why everyone calls me Fat"
Me: "were they on the phone??"
Susan, Tessa, Claire and Me: wetting our pants with laughter as Dad leaves us in the cafe.
Love to my crazy, hilarious family and wonderful friends - you are my wolf pack.
Miss you all already.
A fantastic holiday. I'm such a lucky duck.
xx
PS - Best line of the 2nd week goes to me:
At lunch in Cafe Moka, randomly discussing Dad's two nicknames 'Fat' and 'The Pink Pig'.
Dad: (defensively) "Quite a few people have asked me why everyone calls me Fat"
Me: "were they on the phone??"
Susan, Tessa, Claire and Me: wetting our pants with laughter as Dad leaves us in the cafe.
Love to my crazy, hilarious family and wonderful friends - you are my wolf pack.
Miss you all already.
Lovely images, I have always wanted to go to Bali and never made it, it looks like heaven, I am very envious.
ReplyDeleteXX
I have never really felt the call of Bali before. Now, Bec, I have to add one more destination to an already impossibly extensive list. Thanks, thanks a lot.
ReplyDelete