In amongst showing Paul and Yas around, we have obviously also had the Film Festival and the Monaco Grand Prix going on in the background.
Which means Ferraris and skinny bitches everywhere.
And some odd experiences – today for example: I collected a relatively famous Austrian DJ from the airport, took her to her hotel and then to Le Meridien hotel in Monte Carlo where the after party is and sat listening to the Sugarbabes do their sound check and hearing stories about Liz Hurley at the fashion show the night before.
Bizarre.
And hopefully we’re actually going to see quite a few films in the festival this year! One of the few good pieces of paperwork we’ve filled out recently involved us joining the Cannes Cinephiles club which basically gets us accreditation (yes, we have a lanyard with our photos on it – we are SO part of the cool club) and theoretically this means we can see a whole lot of films for free. Hells yeah!
I’m really hoping to get to see Blue Valentine which stars Michelle Williams and Ryan (The Notebook = hottie hotness) Gosling and Carlos by Olivier Assayas - who I saw at the airport Wednesday, ooh ahh! And anything else I can get into really!
It has been a celeb-spotting extravaganza thus far: Rusty Crowe and his wife (hehe – that reminds me, on the big screen they had “Russel Crowe et sa femme” which means “and his wife” but Paul and Yas thought it meant “and some woman” which would have been funnier!) Cate Blanchett, Michael Douglas, Carey Mulligan, Eva Longoria, Salma Hayek, Kate Beckinsale, Benicio del Toro and more to come.
I’m very blasé about the whole thing really.
I’m cool and jaded like that. Hehe.
I’m cool and jaded like that. Hehe.
P.S: Have interesting job news that I’m keeping a bit of a lid on at the moment... will let you all know when it’s more .... more. Suffice to stay we could be staying in France for a while yet BUT as always – there is paperwork.
There will be Paperwork.
And there will be blood.
And there will be blood.
Ok, maybe not blood – but I wouldn’t rule out sweat, tears and homicidal rage.
xx
That is all very glam and fab! I'd be acting all blasé in public too but would totally be freaking out behind closed doors :-)
ReplyDelete