So I was at home, minding my business, listening to Beyonce's "Diva" on the laptop (not loudly) when our doorbell rang. Odd.
There are two buzzers to get into our building - front gate and main door, so if the doorbell goes, it's someone already in the building. Or it's an idiot who has mistaken the doorbell switch for the hallway light switch which I ..uh..may have done a few times.
So I opened the door and a guy (our age-ish?) who I haven't seen before says 'bonjour' and then launched into reeeeeeally quick French. Now, my comprehension really is improving these days, but I had NO idea what he was saying. So I said "Je suis desolee, Je ne comprend pas, je parle francais un peu, plus lentemnt s'il vous plait" - which I say A LOT.
He didn't really slow down, just sighed with exasperation and looked at me like I was Stoooopid. - which also happens a lot.
So first I thought he was trying to tell me that the intercom was broken. Nope.
Then I thought he was saying that I was being too loud - which is weird, so I tried to show him the washing machine to ask if perhaps that's what was making the noise. Nope.
Then I think he said we are too noisy at night - with our walking around and music.
What le fuck?
It's just the two of us and, not that much music!!?! WTF??? The last all-night Rave where we all dropped E and had orgies in the bathroom was WEEKS ago. ...he he ..kidding!!...
Anyway, I was so flustered, and all my french had basically abandoned me, so I simply said sorry several times and "d'accord" - which means ok.
Now I'm paranoid that we might be walking around too loudly. So am wearing socks and kind of ice-skating around the apartment. And I still have really no idea what had his panties in a twist.
Weird.
In other news, in the last 24 hours I have sent out 4 CVs - three to International Schools in the area and one to the local Irish Bar - hee hee.
It makes my stomach all twisty and icky and gross but it must be done.
So yes dad - I will "get a job".
And try to get some sleep.
Am also thinking about writing a book - I have a cracker of a plot or two, but not sure how to start......
Loves youse all.
No comments:
Post a Comment