On the Easter long weekend M and I went to visit the second of the two islands (called the Îles de Lérins) which are just off Cannes.








We visited the first one, Ile Ste Maguerite, when Kate was here which has a Fort, a prison where the infamous "Man in the Iron Mask" was kept and....lots of gum trees. We thought it kinda sucked, but we were there in the middle of winter so perhaps it comes alive in warmer weather (it's alllliiive, it's aliiiive) sorry.
So anyway, we headed of to the second one, Ile St Honorat on a truly gorgeous and sunny Easter Monday. The ferry over is quite a lot of fun in itself and offers great views of the bay of Cannes and all the yachts - and they were out in force this day. I'm still in desperate need of a friend/sister to, for want of a better word, whore themselves out to a rich Tycoon so I can ride on one of these yachts. Any offers? Maybe "whore" is to strong a word..........nope. Whore it is! Anyone??? Please??
So anyway, we headed of to the second one, Ile St Honorat on a truly gorgeous and sunny Easter Monday. The ferry over is quite a lot of fun in itself and offers great views of the bay of Cannes and all the yachts - and they were out in force this day. I'm still in desperate need of a friend/sister to, for want of a better word, whore themselves out to a rich Tycoon so I can ride on one of these yachts. Any offers? Maybe "whore" is to strong a word..........nope. Whore it is! Anyone??? Please??
Now an awkward segue to religion! This island has had a monastery almost continually since it was founded in 410AD and there is a groovy 11th Century fortress on the sea-side of the island and a church and cloisters. A shop sells wine, liquors, honey, chocolate, beer and other products produced by the monks. The island itself is beautiful, full of vineyards and shady spots. We had a great time walking around and will certainly head back there with guests. We were lucky enough to slip into the church when the monks were singing plainchant....spine tingly stuff. I think if I was going to be a monk, I'd wanna do it here. Land of milk and honey indeed.
On that note - not long now till Holly, Lovers and COCONUT arrive, and then straight after that, Kym and Rachael. We can't wait, it will be so much fun!
Photos of Ile St Honorat:
Thanks for stopping by!
No comments:
Post a Comment