Dear Blog,
I owe you an apology.
I know you warned me that I was on thin ice with you after yet another “I’m so busy and can only write about children acting as pirates/zombies” post.
And yet still, there’s a distance between us that wasn’t there before.
I’ve been neglecting you, it’s true, and I can sense your hostility and impatience.
Let me preface this by saying – it’s not you. It’s me.
Other people have come into my life; I’m more occupied and honestly, more fulfilled.
I’m not spending my days in an unemployed stupor wearing my pyjamas for 2 days in a row without showering and eating cereal out of the box for 3 meals in a row. I work now. Hard. And we’ve had guests for nearly 3 weeks, so I guess you just weren’t the priority.
In the interest of full disclosure, I feel I should mention that .... there have been other blogs.
All this time we’ve spent apart I have been visiting other blogs.
But not you.
I check in on Sara Louise and Aidan and giggle at their antics, I spend time with Cup of Jo and LaineyGossip and MODG and Sassy Curmudgeon make me laugh even when I’m running on 4 hours of sleep and trying to write my 130th report comment in French.
So where do we go from here? I think there’s still something worth saving. Awhile ago we really had a good thing and I hope – and I know you hope so too – that we can get back to those memorable days of blogs on butterboobies and bedtime routines
You’ve been a shoulder to cry on, a comforting ear when I needed to rant, and through you I’ve met new people and made new friends.
I think we can still be together.
I think we can make this work.
Can you forgive me blog? I promise to never neglect you again.
Lots of love
B
xxx
Glad to know I'm not the only one who reads MODG! She is crazy but I laugh everytime I read her blog!
ReplyDeleteI think Blog will forgive you if you share your Le Petit Village antics next week. Just a suggestion. CANNOT. WAIT.
ReplyDeleteBlogs are like dogs - unconditional love. It will still be here waiting with it's tongue out whenever you decide to return! Enjoy all the 'real' stuff while you can!
ReplyDeleteReally? You used the "it's not you, it's me" excuse? That's thin...real thin. It did make me chuckle though.
ReplyDeleteLike Kirsty says, enjoy the real stuff while you can; that's the stuff that matters.
Bisous!
Enjoy the real stuff,sure, but never stop the rants - EVER. They sustain my morning tea time.
ReplyDeleteHad an unbelievably fun time with you and Mark during our stay. Went far too quickly, and I can't emphasise enough how much I miss you guys and France already. The drizzle in the streets of Eburger (yep, it's pretty much been raining on and off since we got back, and cracking a balmy 10 degrees) mirrors the drizzle in my heart.
I would be GUTTED if you and the blog broke up...because I always come over here when I need a good snort!! Please reconcile!!!
ReplyDelete