Friday, 20 May 2011

Become someone else

To say it has been a full-on week would be an understatement.

The good news is my second Primary Theatre Show was a HUGE success.

The kids were amazing and they had so much fun up on stage being spooky skeletons, wicked witches and zany zombies. They remembered all their lines and actions and spoke loudly, clearly and slowly.

Then the Thriller music started up and my heart was honestly pounding away like mad, I was so nervous.

I needn't have been. They ROCKED it! It went off like a frog in a sock.
Was it perfect? Hell no. But when they all popped their heads up in sync and began the choreography completely in time and all together there was an audible reaction in the theatre and the audience was clapping away and cheering like mad.

When they finished it they all had gigantic grins on their faces and all the hard work - writing the script, teaching them the words, directing, choreographing, organising, meeting with parents, rehearsing, costuming, face painting ..... well it was all worth it.

One of the parents has promised to send me some photos so I will hopefully be able to put them up soon.

As a consequence, the rest of this week has been a bit of a slog and I am looking forward to soaking up some sun tomorrow on the beach and getting an early night after a 5.00 start today to finish a bunch of marking. Hideous.

We plan to hire a kayak and go for a bit of a paddle and find a nice spot for a picnic lunch, which should be fantabulous. And then tomorrow night it's a BBQ at one of my friend's new house.

I also plan to do some reading, which I have been neglecting of late. A combination of the last two books I read being rather disappointing (Water for Elephants - didn't rate it and Tiger Hills - not bad per se, just predictable) and a serious lack of time.

So me + balcony + sunshine + book = recipe for a good Sunday afternoon.

To cap it off, I'm also going to make one of Aidan's yummy spring recipes to make use of the amazing seasonal produce that's available at the mo.
Asparagus & Chevre Mille-Feuille with salad. Oh yeah.


In the spirit of reading - aren't these fantastic?






I spied them over at Black*Eiffel.

In their own words "When one reads books, he/she starts living it and identifies (or not) with main hero. These print ads for the Mint Vinetu bookstore, which sells lots of classics, focuses on the idea of becoming someone else. And provokes people to try on different personas."

That's an idea I can get behind.

Happy weekend all

Gros Bisous
B x

2 comments: