Sunday, 3 January 2010

Things we have been doing

With the Ho-head here we have obviously been doing a bit of sightseeing and travelling, so here are some photos and details of what we've been getting up to:

Between Christmas and our impromptu trip to Italy, we spent a day in Monaco visiting the aquarium, the markets and wandering about, went for a quick hike up in the lower Alps region (where M and I went a little while back) and made a quick trip to Antibes. Making sure we give Holly the VIP tour package!


Monaco



Hiking




Yesterday we went skiing at Valberg in the Alps – about 2.5 hours from here. Holly and M went here last week too when I was sick, but it was a much nicer day yesterday apparently. I had a really good time, last time I went skiing, my first time ever, I found it all very hard and was absolutely rooted – and I’ve also realised that I was clearly wearing boots that were too small, as it felt like my shins were breaking, whereas yesterday was all good. I only fell down once – when walking along ice to the coffee shop. Ha ha. Stupido.

It was a stunning, sunny day and we all had a fabulous time. Hols took a nasty stack right onto her coccyx towards the end of the day – not her fault at all, she had to pull up suddenly to avoid hitting a lady which is really hard to do on a snowboard, so she has a sore lower back and her buns ache. But all in all, a cracker of a day.

















Today we went on a quick drive up to Gourdon, which is only about 30min from here, but we’d never been. It’s a gorgeous little village, perched on the top of a hill, with fantastic views and on a better day weather-wise, would be really spectacular. Lots of glass/soap/perfume/nougat shops and souvenir places as well as a few really cute looking cafes and restaurants, plus an awesome old castle and gardens, so we will definitely head back in the sunnier months.










No comments:

Post a Comment