Saturday, 30 January 2010

Freud’s Head

Kate swung past Cannes on her way home from work in Italy last weekend which was BRILLIANT.

It marks the fourth time I’ve seen her since we left Australia’s fair shores which is a pretty impressive tally. Given that I will be seeing her again in April for the Bali Cocktail-palooza Girls trip AND she is talking about coming back in August for this year’s crazy summer jaunt, which happens to coincide with M’s birthday, which will be awesome. K, you’re the best.

Plenty of champagne was consumed and I think two main meals were rain-checked due to our inability to show ANY resistance in the face of nibbles platters, including the one time K went straight from nibbles to Chocolate fondant dessert, completely by-passing the main course, but I like that about her.

We also spent a perfect Sunday skiing. Stunning conditions and under the wise guidance of expert skier Kate, M and I both managed to go up a level – which for me meant graduating from Green to Blue runs and for M meant plummeting downhill on a “not that hard” - (according to Kate aka Grant) Red run.

I am also unhappy to report that Kate and I are officially becoming our fathers. It’s awful. And something that our 13 year old selves SWORE would never happen. Eh.

Anyways, it was wonderful to have her here, however briefly, and I’m counting down the days to Bali.








She''ll be coming down the mountain when she comes...







Love you my chickabeedee!!

1 comment:

  1. Skiing scares the bejeezus out of me. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete