Tuesday, 19 January 2010

frenchie???

Something amusing (to me anyway) just occurred.

I was putting away the groceries in the fridge in readiness for Hannah's arrival for dinner tonight (have messaged her the options for tonight's "feast" Sizzling beef stir-fry with broccoli or Rigatoni with Broccoli Romanesco. Dessert is Eve's Apple Pudding from the August '09 delicious mag ...mainly because I had all the ingredients ....) Hannah just called - Beef stir-fry tonight it is.

Anyway, squatting down putting veggies in the crisper, go to stand up and my shoulder catches on one of the removable shelves and said shelf comes crashing down. This is the FOURTH time this has happened. FOURTH! And yet I have no recollection of ever doing it in Australia, so perhaps it's a hemisphere thing...I'm more unco in the North. I don't know. I am tired of buying new seeded mustard and mayonnaise though, 'cause that's what I keep on that shelf. *sigh*

But
the interesting bit is what I thought and what I even said out loud which was "merde! pas encore!" which translates to "crap, not again".

But I thought/spoke in french!! ha ha! ~ perhaps there is hope for this french-language-butchering Anglo yet!



P.S If you are unfamiliar with Romanesco broccoli or 'Roman Cauliflower' feast your eyes on this baby:



Is that not, the most wicked vegetable you've ever seen?!?!

à bientôt! Je pars pour préparer le dîner et nettoyer ma maison sale!!
x

1 comment: