We went and saw Black Swan with Alessio and Agi last night.
O holy heck. That is one disturbing film.
Natalie Portman's performance is a revelation, truly exceptional and worthy of the praise and prizes she has been receiving.
I wouldn't say I enjoyed the film - it's not a light-hearted feel good family romp that's for sure, but I appreciated the performances, which were all excellent, the imagery and symbolism, the stunning costumes, confronting camera work and its exploration of the darker side of ballet, ambition, desire and mental illness.
Even M liked it, which surprised me.
The French lady next to me however, HATED it.
Which she declared loudly and in full voice as soon as the credits started rolling.
Which in turn caused everyone in the - very full - cinema to turn around and give me death stares.
There's not an appropriate non-verbal cue for "I didn't say that, the nut bag next to me did" besides pointing, shrugging and eye-rolling all at once.
Which probably just made me look like I'd lost control of my basic motor functions.
Speaking of over-sharing....
Adele.
iTuned her new album over the weekend.
(I'm determined to make iTuned a verb. You're welcome Steve Jobs)
This is what an ear-orgasm feels like.
Her voice..............
Dies.
The end.
xxx

Dies! I die! Adele kills it!
ReplyDeleteHey! Just to let you know, you've won a Stylish Blogger award over at The EVeryday Life of a Young American Girl in France!
ReplyDeleteSorry you got blamed for the French woman's unhappiness!
I agree about not enjoying the movie, per say, but still thinking there were neat things about it. I'm not a thriller kind of person but I love what they did with set design, costume design, and how they orchestrated that poor girl losing her marbles. Like your blog!
ReplyDeleteYou won! That's great! What does it mean? Maybe international blogger stardom awaits?!
ReplyDeleteHey - thanks Laura! What a lovely surprise!
ReplyDeleteNot sure that there's anything very stylish about my blogging, but I appreciate the shout-out.
Mez - I'm thinking more international blogging DOMINATION. But that's just me. I aim big.