Yesterday, M and I went on a date.How romantical.
Last weekend M suggested we go for a drive to one of the many gorgeous villages dotted throughout the PACA region for a Valentine ’s Day lunch. I turned this (very sweet) offer down because I was in no state to be wined and dined what with the illness still holding me in its germ-y clutches and the insane amount of work I had to do.
So we rain-checked it.
Friday marked the start of two weeks of school holidays, so I am feeling free and groovy and plan on spending a lot of time in my PJs over the next few days. Booyah.
So we we finally got to go for our planned rendez-vous.
The sun was shinning for the first time in days and it was a very scenic drive up to Le Bar sur Loup, which is here:
Some photos we took:
After a brief wander around the town and a few photos we made our way to the Restaurant Ecoles de Filles which is a restaurant situated in an old converted school dating back to 1929.
Really cute decor, a beautiful setting and outstanding food. It was an unexpectedly delicious meal.
We went the “formule de la semaine” which was a daily special for €24
To start with, Amuses Bouche: delicious buttery vegetable soup, endive wrapped in bacon and grilled (yum), little parmesan biscuits topped with creamy goats cheese and local olives. I love me an amuse bouche. My mouth was very amused.
The main course was:
Ventrèche de Liche, pomme purée, étude de blettes pays et champignons
Which actually translated to Swordfish with mash potato, country style (?) swiss chard and mushrooms.
And it was fabulous. Earthy, flavorsome, simple and cooked to perfection.
In between the main and dessert they gave us chocolates and other sweet treats.
Then the dessert itself: Crème brulée au thé earl grey , financier et glace vanilla.
AKA: Early Grey infused Crème brulée with a little madeline cake and vanilla ice cream. Soooo good. The Bergamot in the Crème brulée was really unusual and delicate.
It was then coffees and chatting to the lovely waiter before we rolled out of there full to the brim and very impressed with the service, the ambiance and the food. Will definitely be adding this place to our list for visitors.
A nice way to spend a Saturday with my funny man.
And, in honour of Valentine’s Day, I gave him this card:
True story
xxx



Love the card! The photos of the town are beautiful and I'm jealous of your sun.
ReplyDeleteYou guys have an amazing life. Seriously wonderful pictures of a gorgeous place. However, I shouldn't have read the description of lunch before my lunch. Sarnie so sad by comparison.
ReplyDeleteM