Monday, 14 June 2010

Local flavour

In between Paris and our trip this weekend to Provence (more on that to come) I have been showing mum and Adi round my ‘hood. Yeah, the Cote D’Azur is hell gangsta. Aiiight.

We have done all the regular tour-guide trips to and around Cannes, including corralling Tidy Didy into helping me out with all the apartments – cleaning IS her specialty after all!

We have also spent a great day in Antibes, visited Grasse and the Fragonard perfume factory for .. oh.. about the 300th time and popped up to me ol’faithful Saint Paul de Vence. Mum and Adi have loved it all, and it's lovely to show them the sights, but also show them our local markets, the supermarket, the bakery, heck, even the chemist - which they've been to a couple of times as the lady the other day refused to sell me Cold and Flu tablets and gave me some Orange powder crap that does f-all, so I had to go back in and pretend they were for mum. This happens to me all the time here, I HAVE to stop saying stuff is for me as I walk in wanting some Neurofen and I walk out with 3 random packets of crap, none of which contain magical ibuprofen goodness. Crafty fuckers and their helpful advice. Just give me the drugs, dammit.

Anywho, it’s such a lovely time of year in zee South of France, it’s definitely getting warmer and the beaches are getting steadily busier and busier and the tourists are arriving by the train/bus/huge monstrous shipping cruise-liner load. (Ugh)But this makes for some nice photo opportunities, so here are a few.



Cannes - view from the old port


The art markets that are on every Saturday in Cannes








Antibes




Out for dinner in Cannes at Le Caveau 30 - best Moules Marinière!


Saint Paul de Vence




I love this guy.


A bogan under some bougainvillea
hahahah


The cemetery where Marc Chagall is buried if you're interested.
Mum wasn't.
Uncultured buffoon that she is.




Now this treasure was so delightful I had to get a picture to share.
1. Male
2. Snake skin jacket and trousers. Yum
3. Silk scarf that you can't see
4. The scrunchie. Oh god, the scrunchie - and the bald patch
5. There is a real honest-to-god alive dog in the bag on the left. What's the French equivalent of RSPCA??

and finally
6. Why the f-ing FUCK does THIS guy have a Louis Vuitton bag??

Answer: There is no justice in the world. None.





In other news, mum and I went to see Sex and the City 2 tonight – M oddly decided to stay home and watch the soccer.
Sorry, the FOOTBALL.
So unnatural calling it that. I’m an AFL girl all the way baby.
I have made it clear that unless it involves Australia, I’m not really interested. So Italy v Paraguay didn’t really rate highly on the give-a-shit-o-metre.
And after the debacle the other night against Germany, honestly, I’m losing interest in even simple patriotic supporting.

Those trumpets. The fake injuries. Gah. Can’t. Don’t. Nup. Bleh.



Where the heck was I?? Oh yeah, SATC 2 - Yes, the clothes porn is epic and yeah, it’s entertaining and all but MAN it felt forced, and that’s so odd because they still have such lovely chemistry between all of them – the girls and the partners. The chemistry is still top-notch.

On that note: Big and Aiden – got waaaayy hotter, whereas the ladies, despite the buckets of Orange-Glo Fabulous Fake Tan they were sporting (SJP in particular looked a little Oompa Loompa-esque at times)are showing their age, which is FINE as they are all damn fine looking ladies, but it was obvious to me that they are flogging a dead horse.

And the writing was so lame, SO LAME – and this is coming from someone who has read all the Twilight books, I'm usually fully on board with lame - but this was awkwardly lame, embarrassingly so. “I am woman, hear me roar” – more like, lets stereotype the Middle East in every way possible and treat the issue of oppression of woman in Muslim countries in a totally tokenistic manner. Yikes. Aw-kward.
They need to stop now.
That’s enough. Sit down.


That's all for me for now
Deatils of trip to Provence on its way soon
Hint: there will be photos of pretty shit.
And I will say "awesome"
Cause it was
Awesome

xxx

2 comments:

  1. 1. Your part of the world looks amazing right now!
    2. Football fake injuries, so so lame.
    3. Ugh, SATC2, you couldn't pay me to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last photo is class!!

    And yeah, SATC2... what the hell was up with that karaoke song? But I did love the guy Samantha hooked up with (both of them!)

    ReplyDelete