Wednesday, 16 June 2010

How embarrassment

Oy.

I am both incredibly delighted and mortified to have been featured on Keith Eckstein’s wonderful WONDERFUL blog A Taste of Garlic. Keith does the blogisphere a huge solid by reading through and recommending various people’s blogs about their lives and experiences in France, I have found many gorgeous, beautifully written and interesting blogs through his site.

And he has mentioned my lame-ass, profanity ridden blog. Wow.

Hence the delight but also the embarrassment.

This means he has had to read through my various posts about holidays and trips, dealings with the French bureaucracy and other assorted nonsense that I vomit up onto the screen for the enjoyment (?) of my readers back home. As Keith points out - I do swear – too much, and I blame M for corrupting me. And I’ve apologised to all the Grandmothers for my potty mouth, (sorry!) but I tend to write as I speak – so it’s dribble, mixed in with some snark, too many adjectives and some crappy jokes. And apparently I tend to rant a lot too ...one might get the wrong idea that I have a bad temper and get a bit stroppy? Nah.

Anyway, I am pleased that he seems to think my blog is maybe worth a look. I will try harder not to use foul language and rant about things and people that annoy me.

No guarantees though!


x

3 comments:

  1. I read your review! And don't worry about Keith and your swearing, he's a tad mischievous himself :-)

    The Wire is brilliant, but fair warning, it can get a bit gritty. I'm on Season 4 and can't watch it before I go to sleep because I get all worked up and stressed. I can't help it, the characters are that real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you swear too much, that must make me Quentine Fucking Tarantino.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well well well - you've been dicovered. Bugger, that means we may have to share you!!
    Love MOB x x

    ReplyDelete