So after this I went and met up with Marie and we headed off to Menton, which is just past Monaco, right on the Italian border. The train ride is long but, unsurprisingly, we managed to chat non-stop the whole way there! A lovely lunch on the waterfront and then an afternoon of wandering around in the delightful sunshine. Menton is really pretty, and feels a lot less touristy than Cannes/Antibes/Monaco etc. We both bought a few bits and pieces, I purchased a wicked blue and white old school tablecloth. Which is probably exciting only if you're me and get worked up over blue and white Italian Spode style patterns whoo hoo!! I'm such a nerd.
We had a fabulous time and Menton has certainly been added to my "Places to take people to when visiting" list. Some pretty piccies.
Gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteso beautiful - keep them coming my beautiful Bec and Mark x x Lesley and Bob
ReplyDelete