Wednesday, 2 September 2009

Cannes #1 Tour Guide

It has been go go go here of late after the awesomeness of Croatia and Paris, the party continued with Dobbie and Steve staying for 2 days before continuing their holiday in Monaco and then Italy.

A day to wash the sheets and then the lovely and loud Sarah Beagley touched down on the Thursday night ready to soak up some sun and enjoy some much needed R’n’R. It was so great having Beags here as she is very much like a member of the family and we had lovely long chats and two stunning days lying on the beach and eating great food. Friday night we went out for drinks with friends ‘sur la plage’ which was super fun but did result in me getting chucked in the ocean fully clothed by some randoms and some moonlight swimming in our undies by the three of us. 2 out of 3 also did a bit of nudie swimming. Lets call them ‘Tark’ and ‘Narah’. The bus ride home was mortifyingly embarrassing as I was standing in a giant puddle of water by the end and it looked sooo much like I had wet myself/my waters had broken. Awkward!

Sunday night was literally a revolving door as I dropped Sarah at the airport, picked up my friend Marie’s friend Kathryn, dropped her at Marie’s and then picked up Gary Hayes from the train station. Phew! Hazy has also been a great guest – self sufficient (he went off by himself on Monday arvo for a long walk, found THE greatest coffee spot in Cannes that I didn’t even know existed, leaving me to do boring things like apply for jobs and sort through photos for facebook only to have my uploading fail time and time again – grr. On that – sorry to the FB-ers who are also blog readers that the photos are the same – too lazy to be bothered fiddling!)

On Tuesday I was in full tour guide mode, picking up Kathryn and setting off with my two guests to St Paul de Vence – for the third time in a week. Luckliy, I love the place and have come away with an awesome new ring (Beagley’s influence!) and a gorgeous painting (Hazy’s fault!) A lovely long lunch and an afternoon at the beach was capped off with a dinner at my favourite French restaurant. Hazy has left today in a hire car for a few days but will be back on Sat.

What else has been happening? M is really busy at work, a little tired but good. I’m in the middle of composing a resignation letter to Malcolm which is a little weird and sad but I’m not stressing about it as (A) staying here is a GOOD thing and (B) Pembroke will still be there when we return and hopefully (hopefully!! – fingers crossed I don’t have to take out a hit on anyone) there will be something for me in 2011. All is good.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Mal - he'll miss you Bec. He just loves loud women!

    ReplyDelete