Thus, this past weekend with the laundry from the apartments combined with about every article of clothing M and I own (including most definitely every pair of undies we have, we were both, I'm ashamed to admit, on to a 2nd wear - ew) that had stockpiled over the last few crazy weeks, plus bedding from guests, towels, beach towels etc etc - it was a weekend of washing!
Due to this laundry onslaught I headed to the supermarket to buy more detergent, softener, cool sachet thingies that promise to make your whites whiter - or "Pour des blancs impeccables et éclatants" - which sounds spiffy. I love the smell of clean linen. Seriously seriously love it. But I'm a bit funny about detergents and fabric softeners cause if they smell wrong then it ruins the nice clean laundry sensation for me. I don't want sheets that smell like a field of lavender, thanks but - no. Ok, I'm weird, I get that.
Anywho, twas at me local supermarket and decided to have a little sniff of some of the softeners - there are lots to choose from, there's the translation issue and, like chip packet colours, there is no correlation from country to country. Seriously - this bugs me - aqua coloured bottle should be something ocean-ish yeah? Not Pine! And green should be - i dunno, tree based, not citrus! They are just toying with their customers! On that - if the UN were any use they'd regulate this sort of thing - starting with chip packets - Blue for salted, Purple for Salt and Vinegar, Brown for BBQ etc. I am always devastated when I grab a packet - thinking mmm chicken chips only to be met with mustard and herbs wtf!?
Sorry - where was I? Oh yeah, sniffing laundry detergents and softeners. And these two ladies were giving me weird looks. Long, sideways, weird looks with raised eyebrows. Like the looks you might give someone who sat down at a petrol station and started sniffing away at the pumps with glee, I mean seriously, can you even get high from laundry detergent?!?! So I grabbed one and luckily it smells nice otherwise I'd be holding the laundry aisle Nazis personally responsible.
On a side note - Australians are geniuses - want to know why? - Hills hoist. Clotheslines.
Don't believe me? You try drying 6 double sheets, 4 duvet covers, 4 single sheets, 9 pillowcases and about 15 towels on a small wire clothes rack and a piece of rope threaded onto your balcony. Not easy! Not easy at all! Am off to try to purchase a much much larger clothes dryer thingo today because, frankly, we're gonna need a bigger boat.
I can't believe I just wrote a whole diatribe on laundry. Ha! well, clean sheets are the bomb.
No comments:
Post a Comment