Thursday, 22 July 2010

oy, I'm shvitzing

It's too darn hot.

I've turned into a heat pansy. It's not even that hot - only about 32, but still. I'm melting.

I will most likely die when I get back to Adelaide for our sweltering 40 degree plus summer period.

But we South Australians have a little something over our South French counterparts: - Air Conditioning.
That, and deodorant. Learn to embrace the anti-antiperspirant people! Your odeur is stinking out entire aisles at the supermarket!

The best place to be at the moment, aside from the beach with 10,000 of my closest French, Dutch, German, Norwegian freinds - is in our car. The blue bomber has had her A/C re-gassed and she blows like a $10 hooker.

So what possessed me to walk to the supermarket?? Clearly a lapse in judgment.

I decided to boycott actual cooking tonight as we have leftover salad and potato salad from last night so I just bought some more salad stuff, cold meats and fruit. And a giant watermelon.

Which was fine in the trolley, but walking home. That shit was heavy. And there was no-one to sympathise when I arrived home, nor to understand why I kept saying "I carried a Watermelon".

So I called M -

"I carried a watermelon and I'm shvitzing"

"umm, what?"

"You know - like from Dirty Dancing?!? - I carried a ... oh never-mind. But it's so hot outside and I'm shvitzing"

"You're shiting???"

"No I'm ... ugh! It's yiddish - I .. uh. Oh Forget it. Would you like to go for a swim after work?"

"Umm, I guess so.... will you be making more sense by then?"

"It's HOT! I just walked home carrying a watermelon!!!"

"ok. I'll take that as a No and call you back later then."




I feel your pain Baby.

3 comments:

  1. 1. Yo VIP, let's kick it. Awesome. I love you.

    2. I would have SO gotten it! Last month when I went to my brother-in-law's birthday party, I carried a watermelon in. I kept saying it to my husband, and because he's French, he didn't have a clue what I was saying. Annoying! So I stood in the corner all night, because I'm a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your $10 hooker comment made me laugh so hard salad almost came out of my nose, and my Director sitting opposite me gave me a withering look. Made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, Sara Louise, you started the whole Vanilla Ice homage, I just joined your party. I knew I wasn't alone in thinking "I carried a watermelon" was hilarious - I should have called you!

    Mezzle - I aim to please. I was reading Sara Louise's blog the other day and snorted diet coke out my nose onto the laptop. Unsightly and difficult to clean up. Blog-reading can be dangerous for your health apparently!

    Thanks for the comments ladies! xx

    ReplyDelete