And that is different from my normal blogs how??
Shuddupayaface.
We leave for Turkey tomorrow morning. I’m so excited – this holiday has totally crept up on us and although we’re organised (yes, there are spreadsheets) I haven’t really thought all that much about it – which is weird as this time tomorrow we’ll be in Istanbul which is a whole nother kettle of fish.
Have received lots of tips from people who’ve been to Turkey and rate it highly and our itinerary looks the goods – Check –it: Istanbul, Bodrum on the coast, some Greek Islands (Kos, Nisyros and a few others), 3 day Sea-Kayak Trip, down to Kas and then back up to Istanbul.
Awesome right?
We’re also all set to travel in style with our new sooper-dooper fancy pants Samsonite Cosmolite luggage – “The lightest luggage in the world” ooh ahh. Aren’t they sexy beasts??
They’d look good accompanying me to Business Class wouldn’t they? Pffftth. If only.
You’ve met M right? Never gonna happen.
M’s early birthday present also arrived today, just in time – a Canon EOS 450D (whatever that means) SLR.
My happy snaps on zee iPhone will probably look a bit crap-tatsic compared to the shots taken on this beauty, but I still maintain that I have a more artistic eye.
Oh – and I find this hilarious. We received FOUR operating manuals for the camera.
French, German, Italian and Dutch.
Well that’s useful. Hahaha.
What else? Hmm.
Ah yes, super pumped that Mez-fizzle has scored herself some cheap flights down my way in October, we’ve been talking for ages about getting our shit together and one of us (Mez) finally has. Wicked.
Have been doing some reading and preparation for classes and will be hitting the books hard when I get back from Turkish-delight land (and, on that note, will probably need to hit the gym hard too ...)
Lots of useful stuff contained in Atlases.
Whoddathunkit??
Ok, catch you guys round like a rissole.
Elveda! (that's goodbye in Turkish - or so Google Translate tells me!)
Thoughts:
ReplyDeleteTurkey and Greece - dreamy.
3 DAYS kayaking?! Seriously, did you learn nothing from year 10 camp?
Provence won't know what hit it, whoot whoot!
Shit, as it happens, is super easy to get together when one has incentives like French cheese, sun, and an amazingly gregarious tour leader such as yourself.
Enjoy the felafals, and see you soon!
Loving that luggage! Bon Voyage! Can't wait to hear about your crazy Turkish adventures :-)
ReplyDeleteHave a great time. Kayaking should be great, better than the Corrong!!! (We had massive waves...) And the camera manuals? Have fun with that :) Oh and Geography is an amazing subject. ENJOY!!! :D
ReplyDeleteohhhhh!!! you have the same camera as me!!! I lurrrrvvvveee mine! I hope you learn how to use it properly though, I gave up with the user manual after learning how to turn it on. Bloody useless I am so still only point and shoot!
ReplyDeleteWhat lenses did you get? can't wait to see your new photos!
Your blog makes me laugh, I love the randomness of your posts (although they're not all random at all!!).
I hope you're enjoying the holiday, will look forward to seeing lots of snazzy pics! And I'm totally loving the suitcases... so how much do they weigh?