I have a Work Permit.
Catherine - the lady who has been helping me who shall henceforth be known as "awesome miracle working bureaucracy whisperer" called yesterday arvo to let me know that she has my approved permision to work in her hot little hands. Can I get a whoo and a hoo.
I feel such relief.
Relief that the decision is now made - we're staying.
Relief that I wont let the school down again by having my paperwork fall through at the last minute.
Relief that I can start earning some money.
Relief that my brain wont atrophy from too much internet and TV and not enough actual use.
I'm also very excited.
Excited about all the challenges ahead: teaching at three different schools, under three different systems, teaching things I've never taught before (hello Geography, what are you doing here?) teaching within the French system and all the inevitable bumps and turns that are ahead.
Excited that we'll be heading back home for Christmas - there are lots of little people I need to meet for the first time, and a whole lot of bigger people we haven't seen for two years.
Excited to be back in the classroom, where I belong.
Excited about making new friends.
Finally. FINALLY. A win for the home team.
Such great news.
M is thrilled - we went out for dinner last night to celebrate.
I ate an indecent amount of ice cream.
xxx
Bec you will be such a fabulous,refreshed and energetic teacher. Congratulations. Barb
ReplyDeleteWooooooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooo!!!
ReplyDeleteAbout bloody time the French got off their arses. This is fabulous news. In other fabulous news - please see my facebook message and let me know whether that works for you at all...
Congratulations!!
Mez xoxoxo
Fantastic! Congratulations and best of luck! :-)
ReplyDelete