Thursday, 2 July 2009

A little ramble.....


Things I am loving at the moment:


  • The HBO tv series 'True Blood' - Grant from French school got me hooked on Season 1 earlier this year and now Season 2 has started - it's so brilliant. It's funny and gory and sexy and set in the deep south. I loves it. Apparently I have a 'thing' for vampires too, which I never would have said before, but M argues that first Buffy, then Twilight and now True Blood. I guess so. I hate when he's right. Mum - you would HATE True Blood, you used to hate "Boofhead" this is 100 x worse.

  • On a TV note - Loving SYTYCD's new American series BUT not loving the couples they are in, think it's not doing anyone any favours. And Mary Murphy's could be used as a form of torture. More efficient and painful than waterboarding methinks.

  • Lady Gaga - especially "Paparazzi" - the long version of the video to this is INSANE, and has the delicious Alexander Skarsgard in it. Yum. Am really enjoying Lily Allen at the moment too and still have Kings of Leon on high rotation.

  • The sunny/warm days we have been having and the fact that - wait for it - I almost have a tan. In fact, for me, am positively Abodigidal.

  • That summer fruits have well and truly hit the markets. Am averaging at least one rock melon a day, and the white flesh nectarines, sublime.

  • That M and I have become more French. We often buy bread more than once a day as it's "no good" by dinner time.

  • That we are probably going to buy a car.

  • That I may have a job.

  • That we have booked and paid the first payment for our sailing trip in Croatia this August with the lovely Kate, Stevie and Katie. It's going to be brilliant.

  • My new Mango purse I bought to replace the one stolen in Paris

  • That for once, common sense has prevailed and the Paris Prefecture of Police are actually going to send me my Carte de Sejour that was turned in to lost and found, rather than making me go, IN PERSON, to Paris to collect it.


Things I am not loving:



  • The paperwork/hassle/head-F.../bureaucracy involved with getting a work permit

  • The paperwork/hassle/head-F.../bureaucracy involved with buying a car

  • The fact that, although it's warm and sunny, the last few days Cannes has been doing its best impersonation of Singapore. I don't need this level of humidity.

  • That our stooooopid phone only lets the number I've dialed go through about 1/30 times. Annoying.

  • That a large percentage of bus commuters seem to believe that deodorant and basic hygiene are optional, especially on stinky hot days!

  • That the French don't do pies. I would sell my soul for a Wattle Park bakery chunky steak pie.

On the whole - more likes than dislikes means we are on to a winner this week.


Oh - and Tour de France starts this Saturday in Monaco - so we are heading over to watch. Should be grand, stay tunned for photos of the lycra spectacular.


No comments:

Post a Comment