Tuesday, 7 July 2009

Facebook is a funny thing

The modern addiction has provided two amusing things today.

Firstly, it allowed me to write a form of confessional to blogger-extraordinaire Heather, whose sparkling and quick-witted commentary I adore, but who I have been somewhat stalking, so I gathered my nerve and wrote a rather embarrassing message stating my acclaim and owning up to my stalker-ish behaviour.

Secondly, I received a friend request from a boy I attended Maryatville Primary School with and who was, and is, the first boy I ever kissed.

Now this was back in the day when I was obviously reading FAR to much Sweet Valley High, as the whole set up for said kiss was rather elaborate. It involved sending a note, requesting a clandestine meeting around behind the units, under the acorn trees. If he agreed, he was to drop his blue pen (ah, pen licences, what would we have done without you, we would have wallowed in lead pencil hell for eternity, which I'm certain is one of Dante's 7 levels...but I digress) and if he did not want to meet me, he was to drop his maths book. Luckily for me and me pre-teen ego, the blue pen was dropped several times. How very Jessica Wakefield. And the "kiss" occurred, at recess and on cue.

So in response to the friend request message "hey, remember me?"
Yes, yes I do.

Will I accept your friend request? - Now that I've told this story, unlikely.

1 comment:

  1. Firstly - dont worry about the stalker thing. when you look like i do, youd be suprised how often it happens. im used to it. getting rid of johnny depp and is love letters every day was a bit of an ordeal, but I got through it, I'm sure I can get through this.

    Secondly - you absolutely must befriend this person then look at every single picture on Facebook. He is the reason Facebook exists.I am certain of this.

    ReplyDelete