I'm sorry for the lack of (dull) updates lately.
I'm half way through the battle to the end of term and although the finish line is in sight, it doesn't feel like it's getting any closer.
On the weekend I completed my 142nd student report. In French.
IN FRENCH PEOPLE!
Report writing is usually the bane of my teaching existence.
Add in the extra fun hurdle of a forgein language and a very different system of grading and commenting.
Stab stab, kill kill.
We also have a nifty little thing here called "conseils de classe" which is where all the teachers of a particular class get together in the evening to discuss/debate/argue over each individual student in that class and decide what the overall "appreciation" will be.
Very democratic. Very time-consuming. There's a parent and student representative present too. Listening to the teachers argue about all the students' results and their attitudes.
I've already been to two.
It's ..... umm........ an experience...... ??
And that's why we moved to France right?
Right?
RIGHT???
*deep breaths*
So - my brain is officially fried.
I'm also trying not to freak out and lose my shit about how much we have to do in the next 2.5 weeks before we fly home (which we are both getting ridiculously excited about)
Christmas shopping .... um .... yeah ....
Everyone likes Duty Free booze right?
In the meantime - continuing with my tales of weird things that happen when I go to the supermarket:
This is what I saw today:
oh France. I'm so disappointed in you.
I thought you were the last bastion of good taste.
I thought you would hold out against this infantile infection.
Alas non.
Although I seem to have solved my Christmas present problem ....
Final tid-bit:
We have Wal and Lo visiting us this weekend, which will be great a) to see them and b) to get me out of my work induced funk. We had such fun with them in London a few weekends ago.
Hopefully the miserable weather abates so we can get out and about. It's damn cold! No snow here, but veeery close.
Bring on balmy summer nights in Adelaide.
2.5 weeks
2.5 weeks
2.5 weeks
So excited.
PS - If I get time in the next few days, I'll try to blog about my fun trip to the medecin du travail yesterday. Surprise urine tests for everyone.
xxx
Minus 12 here tomorrow. Snow has obliterated my travel plans to Barcelona. Been snowing here since last Sunday, alllll day, every day. It's no longer a novelty, it's a pain in the arse.
ReplyDeleteMINUS 12.
Needless to say, I am seethingly jealous of your Adelaide sojourn, and that you live in a part of the world where airports are unlikely to shut due to bad weather. Bad tempered French people, maybe, but not bad weather.
Merry Christmas!
Justin Beiber Fever has arrived?! That's it! I'm leaving!
ReplyDelete