The hilarious and delightful Sara Louise over at Sara in le Petit Village nominated me for a blog award.
I feel so honoured! She likes me! AND we share a mutual love of Anne of Green Gables and a fear of all things Justin Bieber.
So – the dealio is that I have to share seven things about me.
Here you go – seven random facts that you may or may not have known about me:
1. I can’t really whistle.
I mean, I can a bit, but it’s quite inconsistent and sometimes when I blow, no sound comes out. M was astounded that, after 11+ years together, he only just learnt this.
It’s a silent shame I keep hidden deep inside.
2. When asked what my favourite book is, I lie.
Particularly when asked by students.
I’ll usually equivocate and say something like “To Kill a Mockingbird” or “Little Women” or “Atonement” (all of which I really do love) but this white lie is to keep me from having to admit that my REAL favourite books, like, EVER are the “Bronze Horsemen” trilogy. Death, Love, Angst, Russia, World War II, Death, Sex, did I mention Death? One of my sisters, when reading the, admittedly long section, set during the blockade of Leningrad commented “ok, I get it, they’re all starving and dying, could you hurry up now please!” She’s a real softie that one.
3. A few years ago I won a car in a charity raffle. True story.
4. I should wear a smock or bib at all times.
I cannot make it through a meal without spilling or dropping food/sauce/drink/crumbs down my front. The other day I was eating pumpkin soup for lunch. And wearing a white top. Thank god for scarves.
5. I like wind and heights.
I love being on high buildings and feeling them move. And turbulence. And the sensation you get when you go over a bump and free fall a bit.
Yeah. Sicko. I know.
6. I played with Barbies waaaaaaaay beyond an appropriate age
I managed to get away with it due to three younger sisters.
To be frank, I’m just hanging out for all the children of my friends to get into Barbies so I can start it up again.
7. I know every word to every song in the musical Les Miserables.
Don’t challenge me on this unless you’ve got about 2.5 hours up your sleeve.
M learnt this the hard way on a road trip to NSW.
I had no voice by the time I’d finished but I think I’d made my point.
I'm off to read something high-brow and literate and in no-way am I looking up Vampire Diaries Fan-Fiction
**whistles**
Whistle fail.

1, I can't really whistle either; I have to suck instead of blow (sounds so naughty) to make any sort of sound
ReplyDelete2. Years ago I actually used to tell people I read Ulysses. This was a total like. Why I felt the need to do this, I have no idea. And I'm totally checking out The Bronze Horsemen trilogy now.
3. CRAZY!!
4. I make my husband and my mother where one. I'm OK though
5. weirdo
6. again, weirdo
7. awesome
And I LOVE me some Gilbert Blythe! If we ever hang out, we're going to rent the dvd, get a sh*tload of wine, and watch it all in one go!
And 2. should say lie, not like. Time for more coffee.
ReplyDeleteAnd 4. wear not where (wtf is wrong with me this morning???)
If I wasn't sure before, I now know that we were separated at birth:
ReplyDelete1. Can't whislte a THING. I've had many would-be instructors wringing their hands at my ineptitude.
2. Ok, actually I've never had to lie about my favourite book, because I can never think of an answer to that question. Usually the answer is, whatever I'm reading at the time.
3.Well, I've never won a damn thing, sucks to be me.
4. Spilling shit on clothing is one of the many reasons I don't own anything expensive. Carpet isn't safe either.
5.Turbulence and the bouncy sensation you get when the first wheel hits the tarmac during landing. Love.
6.Um, my barbies knew Allll about the birds and the bees, and I only leanrt about that stuff when I was about 11...
7.Les Mis is my gospel, and I challenge you to a sing off next time we meet. Harmonies will be essential of course.
Whistle, dammit!
ReplyDeleteI'm having trouble typing today. Learnt. Congrats anyway B. Well deserved!
ReplyDelete