Tuesday, 16 March 2010

Travel Agent to the stars

Have been busy spending Tidy Didy's money booking planes, trains (no automobiles, yet, but Adi is coming so there's sure to be cars involved somehwhere along the line.)

Gorgeous apartment in the Marais with views of le Tour Eiffel for 5 nights in Paris? Sorted
TGV trains between Cannes and Paris? Easy
EasyJet flights to and from Rome? and for Didy and Adi to London? pfffth. Took advantage of the sale, scored €20 flights to Rome. 20 f-ing euro. You can't get a decent meal in Cannes for that. Excellent
Apartment in Roma? On it.

Essentially this blog is just to say - hi! I'm awesome. And I can't WAIT for TD and Adi to get here.

AND I have too much free time and am clearly lacking anything mentally stimulating to do, as I'm getting my jollies from booking accomodation.
Brain so mushy. oooh, sparkles ...

Sad. But true.

So I'm a cleaning lady *slash* travel agent. (A cleaning lady who has cleaned 4 apartments in 3 days. Didn't love it. Our place is a mess)
So glad I went to university for five years ....

HOWEVER, all this travel planning IS rather exciting. M and I sat down to do a budget which was ... interesting.... But the travel and visitors line-up for the next 5 months.

OH. HELLS. YES.


That is all - as you were.

P.S - Mez, if you read this, I'm having friends over for dinner this week and will be trying out your Veggie Lasagna recipe - just wanted to ask if it's ok to use fresh lasagna sheets of if timing is only for dried sheets? Merci Chef Mez!

Xx

2 comments:

  1. Awesome - I love booking travel and accomodation, sounds like heaven!

    Veggie Lasagne can deifnitely be fresh pasta - but I'd just reduce the cooking time slightly - maybe try cooking for about 20 mins, then crank the heat for the last 5 or so mins to make sure cheese all melty and goldeny deliciousness. Must admit I've never used fresh pasta on this, so you can be the guniea pig!

    Let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mezzle - I bow down to your domestic goddess-ness.

    Also - I realised I never responded to your message about cheap flights and heading this-a-way - you would be welcomed with open arms and cheese and wine and sunshine! Let me know what dates you are thinking of. We'll ironically probs be in the UK for the last weekend of August (28th? 29th?) but it's not concrete. You guys are welcome any time - and getting cheap flights is the bomb. I feel like I've achieved something, which is bizarre, as realistically I've just clicked a button, but I will admit to a fist pump when I found the 20euro flights to rome. I'm a loser. Yeah.

    ReplyDelete