Anyway, ahem, sorry.
That Sunday morning, M got up, had a shower and then I could hear him RUNNING around the apartment, I was thinking, WTF?!?! Then he started YELLING “Get up! Get up! It’s snowing!!”
Now, for those of you who are either England/Scotland/Canada/Northern Europe born and bread or currently residing there, snow probably = meh.
But for two little ranga Aussies shacking up in Cannes on the Cote D’Azur, snow is very thrilling! And it bucketed down for several hours, much to our excitement.
Then the sun came out and it all melted away.
All the French exclaimed that this was highly unusual; it NEVER snows like that in Cannes. EVER.
Well, they lie.
'cause today it snowed even more! Totally totally crazy! And pretty. So long as you don’t have to drive in it as the motorways all shut and it was traffic chaos on the road out the front of our apartment. So I just sat back, drank a few cups of tea, chatted to my grandma on the phone and watched the snow fall. Blissful.
Exciting though!
Update! More photos!
M came home from work early so we went and played in the park behind our apartment. It was like being a little kid!
PS: No news about my submission to change my status, but I’m in a better head space about it. I can’t change or control it so there’s no use being upset about it. Ommm. Very Zen.
That snowman was adorable. And you know what else. I have not built one snowman, thrown one snowball, or made one snow angel the entire winter. You know why? Snow is cold.
ReplyDeleteim with you bec! snow makes me giddy excited. i often interrupt dave in a meeting to tell him there is SNOW. FALLING FROM HEAVEN.
ReplyDeletethat beng said, it's probably becuase in my 5 years in london we've not really had more than an inch or two of snow which melts almost instantly. Once a year. However had a huge dump last year (possibly in feb 09 pics)... and this year.... well.... had about 2 or 3 already.... someone paging al gore?!?
ps. the hippogriff comment was my fav too :)