Sunday, 28 February 2010

Le petit Nicolas

M and I watched this film tonight:


Totally, utterly charming.

The english subtitles were fairly dodgy - but we understood most of the french anyway.
And you get what you pay for I 'spose. (We watched it online for free.)

I think I am slowly getting over the scars inflicted by a certain French teacher I had the distinct unpleasure of enduring for 3.5 years at school.

We studied Le petit Nicolas for IB french. I think I threw away my copy/burned it in a ritualistic cleansing 2 minutes after the final exam was done...


Suffice to say - I couldn't really remember the story - I probably didn't even understand it the first time around. But we all know my memory for things not food/celebrity/book/drama related aint the best.

In fact my "loving" husband announced last night that, in order to be a good parent in the future, and help out with my hypothetical child's homework, I should train myself to do maths again so I can comprehend above a grade 3 level.

Ouch.


Anyway - to summarise:
Le petit Nicolas
- two thumbs up.
Trauma inflicted by french teacher - fading
Ability to multiply fractions - still non-existant.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, tell Mark maths (pee-yew) can be his domain, and you can focus on the all important music/drama/food elements of child rearing.

    I think I know the certain teacher to whom you may be referring, and I couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete