Friday, 30 October 2009

Two weekends ago we were thrilled to have a visit from Hels and Tom, all the way from Chav filled Eggsborough to little old Cannes La Bocca. Suffice to say I had a sore tummy for days afterwards, from both the quantity of food and drink consumed and the prolonged laughing attacks. They are as crazy and as much fun as ever.

We ate our body weight in cheese, played monster marathons of Trivial Pursuit and Pictionary, drank way way way too much red wine (especially Friday night, both boys felt decidedly unwell Saturday morn) did the standard Tour Package – St Pauls, Cannes, Beach etc but also had a special lunch on Sunday at the gorgeous, Michelin starred restaurant Les Terallieurs in Biot. It was so great to see them.

I have also decided that if there was ever a quiz show based solely on the Pink questions from Trivial Pursuit, I would smash that. Kind of a ‘Who wants to be a Millionaire’ type show based solely on facts gathered by watching far too much TV, watching too many movies and reading trashy mags. Oh yeah. I’m all over that. What kind of cigarettes Patty and Selma from The Simpsons smoke? Easy. What book is Hugh Grant’s character reading to Julia Robert’s character at the end of Notting Hill? Pfffff. What TV shows were created by David E. Kelley? Give me a challenge. Geography/News/History/Sport. Not so much. And I also have the problem that when I want to say either Robert Mugabe or Zacarias Moussaoui I always think or, more embarrassingly say Mugatu. Who is Will Ferrel's character in Zoolander. Worrisome. Lucky M knows, like, science and stuff. It’s depressing that I can quote from Twilight and remember lyrics to 80s pop ballads and recount most of the dialogue all seasons of Buffy. But Biology? – nup. Maths? We all know the infamous “What’s 100 divided by 4” story and, until it recently became a necessity, I had repressed the knowledge of all French verb conjugations. Sad really.


Aw well. I’m off to look at PerezHilton.com......






















1 comment:

  1. Wow that haircut DOES NOT do Helena any favours.

    ReplyDelete