

Other than that, no Brangelina/Johnny Depp/Penelope Cruz/George Clooney spottings as yet - and honestly, if you could see how many people there are, it's pretty unlikely!
Last week was very busy socially: Grant's (an American friend from college) birthday dinner and drinks then dinner and drinks the next night for my lovely Aussie friend Marie, then the night after farewell drinks for the charming Riccardo, who used to work at Thales and is friends with us and the boys who live upstairs and a whole lot of other nice people and, in a weird coincidence, lived next door to Marie and her friend Hannah, and Marie now has his apartment. Small town Cannes!!
Also, I went out for a drink with Marie on Tuesday night this week and we met up with two guys - one Aussie and one pom, who are here as they work on the GINORMOUS yacht "Octopus" which is owned by Paul Allen, co-founder of Microsoft. By ginormous I mean - two helicopters on the top deck, 60 crew, pool, another little (ha!) boat babushka-doll -like kept inside (it's called a "tender" - ooh, I learnt fancy terms) jest skis...ah, just Google it, it's mind blowing.
Here is a picture:
Suffice to say, this just upped the ante yacht wise. And there are lots more - not quite as big as this, just sitting out in the Cannes harbour. Enough to make you sick.
Sick with burning burning jealousy and desire.
The guys were lovely though, the pom, Christian answered all my many questions AND let it slip that they will be hosting a few parties on board which some BIG stars **JohnnyDepp** and others are possibly attending. Jelly. So so jelly.
In other news bytes
- I am off to Verona tomorrow to spend the weekend with my best girl Kate. I am embarking on a train riding odyssey (well, only 7 hours, but I AM starting at 4.30am!) so hopefully all goes well. Per favore!
- I have been asked to help out waitress at a fancy villa party on Monday night but am still unsure of he details so will let you know if (A) it goes ahead, (B) if anyone famous is there and (C) if I drop anything on people
- Job front looking a little more promising. Slowly slowly, but have been bolstered by two AMAZING references from Claire and Malcolm, both are positively glowing and Claire's left me a little teary. Not even mum likes me that much. And I'm her favourite!
Will have lots to show + tell when I return next week, until then, Arrivederci!
No comments:
Post a Comment