Hi all.
Sorry it has been so quiet around these parts. For once it’s not that there hasn’t been much going on or worth reporting, quite the contrary in fact.
You see, I’ve been busy growing a baby for 4 months.
Yes that’s right – I am officially up the duff.
Most of our family and friends know by now so I thought it was about time I share the news in blogland. We are expecting our first little bundle of joy early March next year and couldn’t be more thrilled.
It has been fairly smooth sailing for us thus far except that I have been battling various incarnations of morning sickness. Firstly – the name is absurd because it should be “All-Day – yes even during the night” Sickness, and for me it’s evolved from weeks of nausea that had me virtually trapped on the couch watching the Tour de France eating crackers, to nausea plus vomiting that strikes whenever I don’t get enough food in my mouth.
In a slightly ironic twist of fate, I’ve gone from someone who had a mild obsession with food: cooking it, most definitely eating it even reading about to someone for whom food holds absolutely zero appeal and yet I have to eat super regularly or ...... spew-town. It’s a vicious cycle!
I have developed zero cravings but a pretty strong aversion to meat! I know! WTF?!? I love meat normally but at the moment, nuh-uh. Even chicken is a bit of a challenge.
Other than that – everything is peachy-keen.
We've had a couple of scans – the first at 8 weeks where we got to see and hear the heartbeat, which was awesome, and then at 12 weeks where we got to see our crazy baby jumping and flipping about like a little acrobat. M’s face when watching the screen was pretty priceless, he couldn't believe how much we could see and how developed the hand/feet/legs/head all were, it's pretty amazing. Our next appointment is in 2 weeks and I can’t wait to see our baby again.
I don't really look pregnant yet - well no more so than I usually do, but I can feel a hard bump under my layer of belly fat, which is cool.
Being back at school has been interesting. Having the vacation fall during my first trimester was incredibly fortunate as I can’t imagine how I would have gone working and feeling so ill. Everyone is so super nice and supportive – even though I’m the third member of staff who is pregnant creating quite the headache for my boss - and only 2 weeks behind one of my very good friends and colleagues Holly, which has been nice as we can talk pregnancy stuff to each other without driving everyone else batty!
I do find myself quite tired though and having lots of naps around 5.00 in the evening. (I like that I’m calling them "naps" when I’m often down for at least 3 hours, which I think is called a sleep, not a nap!!) But other than that, and having to pee and/or eat every 30min it’s all ok.
So that’s where we are at.
Again – I’m sorry for the lack of blogging, I’ll try to get on more regularly now that I’m feeling more human and I’ll try not to turn this into a pregnancy blog!
Hoping you are all well
xxx
B + bump

Fantastic news, congratulations guys! Yes, morning sickness does bite the big one; hope it's not impeding your enjoyment of too much cheese!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! What exciting news!
ReplyDeleteWoop!!! Outed!!! Yay for le bebe!!
ReplyDeleteSo late to the party...
ReplyDeleteI've been behind in my blog reading and just learned your exciting good news. Congrats to you and M!