Sorry about the level of radio silence from this end, but I'm on holidays y'all which means a whole lot of doing NUTHINK, therefore no blog fodder.
Unless you want to hear about how I tripped walking into the boulangerie yesterday and smashed to the floor in an embarrassing heap only to have a lady who would have been 90 years old at least help me up.
I may have to find a new boulangerie which sucks 'cause they have the best baguettes.
And my knee still hurts.
That's literally the most exciting thing that's happened lately.
In the meantime I've been: internet-ing, reading, swimming and sleeping. In other words - having an awesome relaxing time.
I've also been catching up on some TV viewing (getting ready to dive into the final season of Friday Night Lights - Texas Forever!) much neglected house cleaning and cooking.
We finally got around to watching Bridesmaids the other day too.
Suffice to say - the glowing reviews from both sisters who have the exact same sense of humour as me guaranteed that I would like it.
And I did.
I laughed so hard I thought I was going to pee my pants. M liked it too. So a winner all round.
I'm sure you've all seen it but if not - run, don't walk to you local cinema
(or ..... if you're like me .... click on a link and then hook your computer up to your TV ..... *whistles innocently**)
The scene on the plane is my favourite:
"What kind of a name is 'Stove' anyway? What, are you like a kitchen appliance or something?"
hehehehehe. So funny.
What else?
We are off to Frankfurt next week for the long weekend associated with Fête Nationale (Bastille Day) to stay with Agi and Alessio which should be a blast and I have lunch/play dates lined up with lots of my work colleagues early next week.
Our trip to Frankfurt conveniently co-insides with the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. Agi is as big a Harry Potter fan as I am so we will be dragging the two boys to a cinema showing it in English - yahooo!! I can't wait, yet at the same time I know I'll be a bit sad when it's all over. No more books. No more films. I've been attached to these fictional characters and their cinematic counterparts for over a decade. Le sigh.
I won't cry though.* I'm not that lame.
Well that's all for today.
Hopefully something interesting happens soon so I can blog about it, sorry for boring you.
xxx
B
* This is most likely a bald-faced lie.
I would have given anything to see you trip in the boulangerie, because I would have helped you up... after I laughed my ass off!! HA HA!! Can't stop laughing!!!
ReplyDeleteAnyhoo... we're on the last season of FNL too... Texas Forever (and Tim Riggins forever... and ever... and ever)
If it makes you feel better -- one day after a 4 bottle of champagne plus 3 cocktail brunch with the Canadian and some cousins I tripped in front of the entire restaurant on the way to the bathroom and fell, splat, on my knee. 5 months of acupuncture and it's finally better. Feel your pain!!!
ReplyDelete