My brain is literally fried at the moment and I am feeling blog-guilt.
Blog guilt goes like this:
1. Read other people's awesome, erudite, witty, cool, funny blogs.
2. Die a little inside from lame-ass boringness.
I got nuthink. NUTHINK.
I could tell you about my final rehearsal before the first big primary theatre show that occured today.
However that's two hours of stress and heart palpitations I'm trying to repress and honestly can't bear to re-live in print.
Suffice to say, the moral of this story? Next year, my primary theatre performance will entail the following:
"Kids, get dressed up as whatever you want, I'm gonna play some music, you're going to smile at your parents, act cute and, if you can manage it, I'll give you a line to say, but don't hold your breath."
None of this plot/storyline/choreography bulls*it. That's for anal-retentative, over-achieving perfectionist LOSERS.
So anyway - sorry my blog sucks giant ding-dongs at the moment.
We are headed to Paris again this weekend so M and his boyfriend Herge can do "the 42 km running tour of Paris" - aka the marathon, so that should provide some entertaining blog-fodder.
Or at the very least - some pretty photos.
And then I'm home alone for a week while the boys do their best Brokeback Mountain trekking around Morocco. Cause that's what you do after running a marathon - go trekking in Morocco to relax.
Idiots.
And then it's off to Belgium and The Netherlands with my little mummy and Adi - yay!
So I'm trying to say - sit tight. I promise I'll get whatever passes for my blogging mojo back tout de suite.
In the meantime - 3 things that are sustaining me at the moment:
1. The Epic Hotness that is Ryan Gosling.
I've watched this trailer for Crazy Stupid Love about 5 times now.
Perfect person is perfect.
2. Laura Marling is my new Adele (not that I'm through with Adele, far far from it, just that I get obsessive about music and this week it has been all about Laura.)
Here she is singing Blackberry Stone live with another of my boyfriends, Marcus Mumford (try to ignore the lack of expression on her face and just enjoy the pretty music)
3. And here she is again with Johnny Flynn singing The Water.
In my current state of mind this song is like soothing Prozac.
Laura and Johnny are singing and all is well in the world la la la la la .....
Hope you all have a lovely weekend,
A+
B xxx
"Blog guilt goes like this:
ReplyDelete1. Read other people's awesome, erudite, witty, cool, funny blogs.
2. Die a little inside from lame-ass boringness.
I got nuthink. NUTHINK."
-- This is how I feel all.the.time. Ugh.
Btw, Betsy of http://www.betsytransatlantically.blogspot.com/
is going to be in Paris this weekend too...y'all should hook up (not in the biblical sense...)
Blogging goes in cycles, love, just embrace the fallow times and veg out! Watch more Ryan Gosling vids on YouTube (yes, yes, go for Ryan, that leaves more Hugh for me) and enjoy the beautiful weather.
ReplyDeleteMy crazy mister is also off to Paris tomorrow, running the marathon too. I really wanted to drag three children up there, honestly, but we decided it's probably easier to stay at home. Good luck to your hubs. And Morocco...I got nothin' to say that's suitable for a PG13 website.
Crazy Stupid Love looks so good! I was already in love with Ryan and after seeing that preview and his lovely abs I'm definitely willing to stalk him.
ReplyDeleteSo... I'm in Paris this weekend because my parents are in town, and I was awoken by drumming at some god awfully early hour. When I finally gave up thinking the drumming had. to. stop. soon. I went to the window to see what it was all about.
ReplyDeleteIt's the marathon.
I'm blaming your husband!
Hope you two are enjoying your weekend in the City of Lights!
I hope M did well today.
ReplyDeletePoor Heath Ledger.
Hve you seen Ryan Gosling's Hugo Boss ad? I think it's Ryan Gosling.
You're funny. come over to the Languedoc soon would ya?
a xoo
Go Mark! Laura Marling is a superwoman of folky delight.
ReplyDeleteHope you guys had a dreamy time in Paris, not long til we see you in June! Enjoy the gorgeous weather (I presume) until then.
Mez
Oh blog guilt...I get it at least once a week, but then I try to remember that ultimately the blog is a keepsake for me no matter who reads it and that it's OK if the blog isn't awesome 110% of time. Plus, you have lots of fun stuff to blog about--like boys running a marathon in surfish gear...! I love your blog!
ReplyDelete