Friday, 17 September 2010

oh holy heck

I don’t

I haven’t

I can’t

Words. Full sentences. Escape me.

So tired right now I am. This week. Full on it was.

(I’ll try and stop with the Yoda speak now)


The Good:
  • Officially love my 4eme class. They think I’m hi-larious and I think they’re delightful. It’s a love-in for 3 hours a week.If only I could have this group in every lesson.
  • Many, many colleagues commented that “you're so organised!!” – it’s a facade I tell you! At home I shriek into empty rooms and froth at the mouth, but at least I’m giving off the appearance of knowing what’s going on. Excellent.
  • I was early every day. No-one noticed but I made sure to do a few laps in front of the principal's office and staff rooms just in case there's a tally being kept somewhere.
  • I think one of my surly 17 year old 1eres cracked a real smile. Victory!!

The Bad:
  • Had so many disasters with laptops and projector screens and forgetting bloody adapters and stupid non-functioning PowerPoint presentations – So, handouts it is from now on. Trees can get f*cked.
  • Primary Theatre classes – oh holy heck. They’re little and silly and naughty and make fart noises all the time and interrupt a lecture on inappropriate behaviour to tell me about their new kitten and yet they're really cute but so SO hard to control. I think it’s gonna be a yearlong unit on the beautiful art of MIME.

The Ugly:
  • My reflection in the mirror at 6.10am this morning. I finally collapsed into bed at 1.30pm last night following a prolonged battle with resources on World Population Graphs. I hate graphs. Eye cream and concealer are my new best friends.


So – the plan tonight?
Bath
Book
Champagne
In bed by ... oh ... 8.30pm?


In the meantime I’m going to try and convince M to turn off the Pope’s speech on the TV so I can watch some Project Runway and the new Vampire Diaries episode.


Vampires and bitchy fashion-designer-queens = my religion.


Hopefully I’ll have something more interesting to share with you next week!

xx

2 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed with your efforts. Less than 2 weeks now! Aggghhhhhh!

    P.S Pope shmope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good totally outweighs the bad. You ROCK! Hope you enjoyed your champagne and the bitchy queens :-)

    ReplyDelete