Wednesday, 25 August 2010

Aqua

To finish the Turkey photos.

Blogger was being a sloppy slut-face yesterday and wouldn’t let me upload the last two lots of holiday photos.

It would let me blog about serious issues though.

Pakistan Floods? Unresolved Election in Australia? Timmy Chilean Miners trapped down a mine-shaft? Sarkosy’s expulsion of the Roma from France? The building of a Mosque near Ground Zero.

Nah.

I blog about Taylor Momson and whether the fact that I have been listening to her song non-stop, despite the fact that I think she’s a jackass, makes me an even bigger jackass.
(I have decided that yes, yes it does. But I’m cool with it.)

I’ve also been listening to Florence and the Machine’s “Cosmic Love” on almost non-stop repeat if that redeems me from lame-ass-purgatory a bit?

No?

Fine then. I’ll be over here with all the other Emo-tweens.


So moving on – sorry if you’re sick of holiday snaps by-the-by, but ... well ... there’s that little X button in the top right corner if you don’t like it!

Where are we up to?

Ah yes.

After the Kayak trip we had one blissful, beautiful, clean night in Fethiye at a gorgeous hotel with a pool that I seriously needed to spend some more time with, but we pushed on down the coast to Kas.

Kas was really, really ridiculously good looking. A gorgeous little town and our hotel was charming and brilliantly managed – the owner went above and beyond to help us and made our stay so enjoyable.

Except for his giant FAIL when it came to recommendations for Turkish Baths.

But other than that, he was tops.


Kas








Ancient Amphitheater just near our hotel







We went on two day trips from Kas. Both were exceptional,

The first was to the stunning little Greek island of Megisti.

So beautiful. Incredibly, baking hot hot hot that day but we had a few swims in the insanely gorgeous aqua water and had a seafood lunch sitting on the harbour – which included a chat to the fisherman responsible for our delicious meal and a surprise visit by a huge sea turtle. Groovy huh!?



On the ferry heading to the islands.
Bean bags? - It's GENIUS. 

The gorgeousosity was at an all time high here. 
(Yes mum, I know that isn't a real word. 
Please don't send me another email paying me out about my shitehouse spelling!)

















Not a bad spot for a bit of lunch!






The second trip was a day spent on a gullet boat cruising around the “Turquoise Riviera”.

Little islands, protected bays for snorkelling, a bbq lunch, a sunken city and lots of lazing about on the top deck added up to a pretty perfect day.

You’ll be pleased to know I continued my proud tradition of jumping in the water and losing things (Glasses in Croatia and then again in the pool in Bali – retrieved both times fortunately) This time I accidently dropped my snorkel and mask as I was diving in and I kinda forgot that they sink, so was mightily annoyed when I couldn’t find them bobbing about on top of the water. Found them on the bottom though! Hehe.












Entering the "Pirate's Cave"
Johnny Depp wasn't in there. 
I felt cheated.





The sunken city of Kekova





This. 
This. This This.



The next day was Turkish Bath Torture which you can read about here.

And then a private car transfer to Dalaman Airport. Which was all going well until the car overheated and we were left on the side of the road waiting for a replacement car ...

We did get there eventually and it was back to Istanbul for us and back to a cold and wet Adelaide for Katie.

One more to come!

2 comments:

  1. Bean bags on a ferry is genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colour of that water makes me so happy.

    Can't wait to talk about serious shit in October, and Taylor is some serious, serious shit.

    ReplyDelete