Still no change on my application to change my status (which I submitted at the beginning of February!) and now they have managed to lose my new Carte de Sejour.
My temporary one is due to expire while I'm in Bali, so I thought I should chase up my new one (which - again - since FEBRUARY - and this is after we actually applied back last November and then they gave me a new card with LAST YEARS dates on it and oh my god why I am I even surprised anymore by the ineptitude of these people)
And the lady couldn't find it. It's been made. And sent. But she didn't know where exactly. So I have to go to the local office in Cannes tomorrow and ask them if they have it and if they don't ... I have to go back to Nice. W.T.F?!? umm, a phone call couldn't be made?? No. That's far too logical.
How do you say in French - 'You are fucking useless and a Monkey could do this job better than you and would probably have better customer service skills'??
I need to learn this expression. Stat.
After that I raced up to the school that offered me the job that they had to get someone else for because I STILL can't work - as they wanted me to do a Drama Class to see if I can teach Drama as well as English. Well Duh. So I did the horse and pony show again, class was faboosh, the kids were so funny, they told me again that they think I'm great. So once again. We're waiting on le motherf-ing paperwork.
Sigh.
On a positive note:
My hours spent in bureaucratic hell allowed me to complete beaucoup de levels of Angry Birds on my iPhone and download a shmit-load of Free Apps. iPhones make hell bearable - actually that should be Apple's marketing slogan. You listening Steve Jobs?? I'll let you have that one!
and most importantly:
The same flight as I am due to take on Friday successfully left Nice Airport today. Fingers crossed, praying to all gods and willing to sacrifice a few goats if necessary to the Volcanic Ash monster but I MUST GET TO BALI.
If Karma was worth it's salt, the hours I've pulled at the prefecture would not only get me my flight, but I'd be bumped to bloody First Class.
Off to play Angry Birds. I find the carnage soothing ...
I honestly don't know how they get anything done here. The amount of red tape f*ck ups that seem to happen everyday are unreal!
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed for your flight :-)
I'll pick up a small goat this afternoon after work and do as you suggest - MUST GET TO POLERDAM NEXT WEEK.
ReplyDeleteIf no goat, what about a squirrel?
Mez, I think a squirrel would indeed suffice.
ReplyDeleteHave a blast in POLDERDAM 2.0 - can't wait to see photos and hear what you crazy cats get up to.
Thanks Sara Louise - I know you of all people probably understand the trial and tribulations of French bureaucracy!! But all bodes well for flights tomorrow.
Bisous xx