I am so excited about this holiday I could pee my pants.
It feels like ages ago we decided, along with Kate, that August 2009 would be the time to charter a yacht and sail around the Croatian islands, soaking up all the sun, food, culture and history of this amazing spot on the Adriatic.
We leave tonight, after M finishes work. Funny side note - because I am picking him up and we are heading off straight away, as we need to make it all the way over to Venice tonight, I made him wear sneakers and jeans to work. *snicker* What a doofus. At least it wasn't double denim.
The plan is: haul ass tonight and get close to Venice, Italy where we are camping. Get up early Thursday and drive through Slovenia and into Croatia and camp near Plitvicka Lakes National park - which is meant to be amaze-balls and is the one with all the waterfalls and lakes. Then Friday drive down to Trogir, where we are staying the night and spend some time looking around the old town there and visiting Split.
We pick up Kate Dobbie and Stevie on Friday night and then Kate C gets in Saturday morning. We pick up our 40ft yacht Sat arvo and away we go.
Prepare to die of jealousy. It's going to be BANANAS!! One of my jobs was to provide the musical entertainment by way of CDs to play on the yacht and, quite frankly, I think I've outdone myself. My playlists kick arse. The 2 x Girl Dance CDs are quite spectacular but my personal favourite is the sing-a-long CD.
I feel very sorry for our skipper (whose name is Goran!) if he doesn't like Bon Jovi, Cold Chisel, Robbie Williams and 80s power ballads. I absolutely KILL on 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' and Belinda Carlisle's 'Heaven is a Place on Earth' is a modern classic with good reason. It's going to be BRILLIANT!!
Sorry about the lack of blogging of late - we have actually been doin...stuff. For example we spent a wonderful Sunday 2 weekends ago with a group of friends at a nearby lake (which....I totally didn't know existed) and although there was a Bonnie Doon-esque quality to the place, it was a glorious way to spend a hot day - lying in the sun, frolicking in the lake, enjoying the sunset, demolishing our picnic. Just lovely. It reminded me a bit of the river actually, which was nice.
We also had some drinks on the beach this week to celebrate our friend Taylor's birthday.
Fairly crappy photos, but there you go.
All in all, summer here is kind of mental as it's so busy, but there's a great vibe to the place.
Anyways, stay tuned for excessive use of adjectives, exclamation points and beaucoup de photos when I return from Croatia.
Later suckers!
Lawdy lady! I saw the photos on facebook already. I snooped and I pooped. So so so jealous. Edinburger bloody rains every freakin day. I need to Cannes it up pronto!
ReplyDeleteHope you're recovering from post-holiday trauma. Still job hunting, or is that all to pot?
Mez xoxo